Re: Bleaching Questions

I've done the same thing out of desperation and it has worked
well...for awhile at least. I also try to determine whatever is out
of balance in order to keep the algae from recurring. That seems to
be the best plan of action. I don't bother using bleach or other
soaks anymore, unless it's on a new plant order.

I like the bleach method, but I've found that rotala and a few other
fine leaved plants didn't do well afterwards, even when I've lowered
to soak time. I recently switched to a potassium permangenate soak
and that seems to work pretty well on all of the plants I've tried it
on.

I would be afraid to use diluted bleach on Java Moss or Christmas
Moss, but maybe someone can comment who has done that. I did soak
some Java Moss in PP with no apparent ill effects, but the moss
looked bad to start with, so it's hard to judge whether or not it
harmed the moss.

JoAnn