Bleaching Questions

I posted these questions at compuserve fishnet, but haven't gotten any
response, so trying here.

I used the bleach treatment to kill the algae on some plants cropped from
one tank that has a heavy hair algae infestation, to put into a new tank
with no algae. It has worked great! Over a week since I put the plants in
there and no signs of algae, and the plants have taken root and are growing
well.

Has anybody pulled plants out of an existing tank, bleached them, and
returned them to the tank and had good results?

Also, does the bleach treatment work on java moss and christmas moss? I have
a funny feeling those would be more sensitive...

Thanks,
Don