Re. Glass Scratches

I have had my 33 gallon for 8 or 9 years, and over that time it has stayed
fairly scratch free- aside from the time I bumped a rock against the glass,
and the odd time I picked up a little grit... recently I bought a green
scrub pad at the grocery store and put it to use. It was just coarse enough
to produce messes of scratches everywhere, especially where I worked a
little harder to get tough algae off. I did not think there was a difference
between scrubs, but there sure is! (I'd been using the green scrubs from the
pet store up til now.) I might be getting some cerium oxide!

Jen