Re: Chain sword leaf form

   I have a plant of the small narrow-leaved form that is growing emersed.
Its leaves are only about 1 inch long and widen slightly towards the tip.
At their widest point, the leaves are still only about 2-3 millimeters
wide.  Last winter it bloomed with tiny white flowers on an almost
thread-like stem.  I am planning to get this plant submersed so it can
multiply.  When I have had this variety submersed, I have seen that the
reddish leaves are the newest leaves formed.  They start out red and turn
green when they are older, as is seen in a number of other Echinodorus
species.

Paul