Re: CO2 Cylinder Question

Chuck,

I have never seen anyone else mention this on here, but my only close source
of CO2 refuses to put it in an aluminum cylinder.  Since many people on here
have aluminum and all the companies make them, it seems silly, but
I would advise anyone to ask.  Never know when it might avoid a pain.

The reason/excuse I was given 5-6 years ago was that CO2 gets hot as it is
being transfilled and it is corrosive, which are both safely hazards.  I
don't really know.  It doesn't seem to bother any of the other companies.
In the long run, the validity of the reason doesn't matter.  If I want my
CO2 tank to get filled by them, it has to be steel.   Since they trade me
for a new tank each time, and I don't have to worry about paying to keep it
certified, it works for me, so I really don't care.

Ben Belton
In SW Virginia where we are going to hopefully see some snow.