Re: Blyxa aubertii

>Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:45:27 -0800 (PST)
>From: Cavan <millsman7 at yahoo_com>
>Subject: Have Blyxa seeds.  What now?
>
>My massive Blyxa aubertii has produced what appear to
>be two semi-transparent seed packets.  They are
>elongate and are about a half inch below where the
>flowers were on the modified leaves.  The seeds are
>positioned horizontally and stacked vertically.
>
>Thanks, Cavan

I've had a couple of Blyxa aubertii for about a couple months now, and,
although they are no where near the surface (around 6 inches left to get
there), they also let out many modified leaves with flower buds at the ends.
Did this occur above the water's surface or below?
Has your B. aubertii ever propagated by sideshoots?

Sincerely,

Carlos