[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Where does the Sodium Go?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Where does the Sodium Go?
- From: Cheryl Rogers <cheryl at rightstuffwebsites_com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:30:26 -0600
- References: <200201170848.g0H8m7c17701 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20011128 Netscape6/6.2.1
Neil Frank wonders where the sodium goes.
I dunno, but I can tell you that my tap water has 268 mg/l of sodium and
I can't grow a thing in it. The pH is off the charts alkaline and there
is no detectable General Hardness. When I was using this tap water, and
adding Seachem's Equilibrium for other minerals, the plants simply
refused to grow.
The chemistry stuff is too much for me, can offer no solutions there. My
solution is to import water from a nearby town for biweekly water changes.
Right Stuff Web Sites
Web Design, Editing, Streamlining, and Maintenance
972-294-2248 or 940-368-7825 cell