Re: Crinum Calamistratum

Substrate - Dupla Laterite + gravel at the bottom 1 inch. Total 3 inches
Tank size - 280 ltrs ( 72" x 14" x 21")
Lighting - 200 watts fluorescents 6500K + 46 watts CFL on a timer for 10hrs.
Fertiliser - PMDD, 1 Jobes stick  3" from the plant every 6 months.
Water  Chemistry - kH 5, pH 6.8, Fe - 0.1 -0.2 ppm, NO3 5 - 10 ppm, PO4
traces
50% water change weekly
Temparature - 27 deg C
Plant with 1/3 of the bulb above the substrate.

Madan Subramanian
Bangalore, India.

>Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:05:32 EST
>From: Piabinha at aol_com
>Subject: Subject: Re: Crinum Calamistratum

>In a message dated 1/16/2002 3:59:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com writes:

> I have Crinum Calamistratum putting out beautiful crinkly leaves about a
> meter long. Just let them be. They don't block out any light, and look
best
> this way. Cut leaves are an ugly sight.

>how do you grow it?  please give us info on substrate, light, fertilizer
etc.