Re: phosphate in my tap water

Thanks Tom. Nitrates in the tap are at about 0.3 mg/L.

(Does mg/L corresponds to ppm? That could have some big implications).

Actually, orthophosphate is listed at PO4 mg/L at 0.5 with total phosphates of closer to 1.2 mg/L (I don't know if any of the total phosphate is unavailable to plants. Calcium at 35 mg/L.

Two other figures:
  K, mg/L:  1.6
 Mg, mg/L: 11.3

I do dose with Flourish, . Would the plants require any epsom salts.

For those interested, I'm using the stats for Chicago lake water at:  http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Water/November2000.html

-- Stephen