tank start-up questions & CO2

well, i have learned a few things as my first year in this hobby comes to a close, but the most important thing seems to be that THE CARBO PLUS DOES NOT WORK. I was duped by either an unscrupulous or unknowledgable salesperson at my LFS. Fair warning for anyone out there just getting into this hobby - your money will be much better spent on a real CO2 system!! Don't waste $140+ on the Carbo-Plus unit because it doesn't really produce much (if any) CO2.

john guild fetridge