comment vallisneria cutting

When I was working with Vallisneria Americana in graduate school trimming
the leaves did eventually slow the growth of the plants and could eventually
cause death.  The question we were trying to answer was: Does grazing in the
wild stimulate stolon reproduction?  We found that a grazing response slowed
stolon reproduction, but the increased light availability actually allowed
germinating seedlings from the seed bank to grow and establish.  The end
result was increased genetic diversity within the bed, as well as, mixing
male and female plants to close proximity to each other.

I have done a lot of work on val seed germination so if you are interested
in that just email me off the list.

Rick

multipart/alternative
  text/html