Re: E.'Red Flame' and Java Moss

I have had this plant for about 10 months now. Yes it requires a good
substrate and high lighting. I had this one sending out runners and
flowering like clockwise every month atleast 4 viable plantlets, until the
other plants took over in my absence and blocked the light. It's slowly
inching back now.
I have DI mixed with tap water kH of 4, pH 6.8, about 3 + watts per gallon
for 12 hours a day and PMDD. It appears to do much better with nitrates
around 10 ppm. Runners apparently developed after large water changes ( 60%
or higher, I was battling the A word then ).
The first plantlet ( closest to the mother ) however never grew well in my
tanks or in my friends tanks, the subsequent plantlets have all grown into
robust individuals. They have not flowered / runnered in my friends tanks.
This is one hell of a beautiful plant.

Madan Subramanian.
Bangalore, India.