Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1530

I have not noticed any problems with my discus when this happens.
My PH will go from 6.8 to 8.0 in about 24hrs. They still rub their noses on
the front glass looking for a handout.

I have water that comes from the tap at 8.6-8.7even mixing with R/O water
doesn't seem to help much. I also keep a handful of aragonite in the
overflow to help buffer and supply some calcium.

I guess I have been singled out when it comes to incomplete digests as no
one responded to my query on it.

Keith and Lisa
In Michigan where the snow is melting fast

> HERE IS A RELATED QUESTION for everyone. When the CO2 tank stops (say,
when
> the tank is finished), the pH will go back from where it came. So pH 7.0
> jumps back to 8.0 and fairly quickly. <SNIP>
HOW DOES THE RAPID JUMP IN pH