Re: sinking driftwood

Piabinha at aol_com wrote:

>grrrrr...  i ordered some driftwood and buttonwood from a company in florida,
>which specializes in tropical (non) aquatic plants, but i asked them
>specifically if their product would sink or float (i told them it'd be for an
>aquarium).  they said it'd sink.  well, 16 pieces arrived and they all float!
>is there a relatively easy way to "treat" this wood?  i don't want to have to
>send it back...  next time, i should be more aware of what "decorative"
>driftwood means...
>
>tsuh yang chen, nyc USA

Speaking of driftwood, I recently bought a super large piece from

http://www.aquariumdriftwood.com

and I'm *very* pleased with it. It is simply impossible to find such a
large and gorgeous piece in a fish store. Based on how much LFSs charge
for decent but smaller pieces, the one I bought was also very reasonably
priced. And, btw, it sinks like a rock...

As always, I have no affiliation with the company whatsoever, just a
happy customer.

- Ivo Busko
  Baltimore, MD

  "Buy a fish, Save a tree !"