Tetra Deluxe Laborett a good buy?

Hi,

I'm new to aquatic plants.  I have a small tank I just started
keeping.  I was wondering if the Tetra Deluxe Laborett Test Kit
is a good one to start with.  It has total hardness, carbonate
hardness, pH, nitrite, and ammonia all for $14.00.  It sounds
like a good deal. I'm hoping for some input before I order.

I will then just need a nitrate test and an Fe test. Reading the
archives it looks like Lamotte is the way to go for these but
I would welcome cheaper suggestions.

Mindy