Re: Not feeding fish while you're away

> When most people discover how often I feed them the
> immediately think I'm
> cruel, but they gradually change their minds when
> they discover the longevity such a regime has
> resulted in.<<

The only time my 100 gallon tank in California was ever completly algae free
was during a three week vacation during which the fish were never fed. A
couple years earlier, I was away for a month, and the friend who was to take
care of my tank at the time left the lights on 24 hours a day for a month!
The tank was full of 4" tall Aponogetons when I left, and upon returning
they were close to 30" tall. Within a couple of days of turing the light off
at night, they all melted away. completly burned out I imagine.

Robert Paul Hudson
http://www.aquabotanic.com