RE: Dupla cables and new tank setup

> From: "Gregory Gooden \(Annex\)" <ggooden at exc1_annex.com>
> For the Dupla Cables, they're quoting me either 550.00 that includes the
> Delta controller, or 750.00 that includes the Alpha controller. This seems
> VERY expensive!

The Dupla cables are very nice. I wouldn't cut corners there. The temp
controller and transformer are easier places to save some money. I've been
using a Medusa heat/cool temperature controller for the past several years.
It works quite well.

I wrote up how to build a replacement transformer for Dupla 300W cables a
while back. It is at:
http://www.knology.net/~jwilson/diy_heating_cable_transformer.htm

Jon Wilson
http://www.knology.net/~jwilson/plants.htm