RE: Kansas City shops and sexing shrimp

Never been to Kansas City, but I hear they have some crazy little women
there.

Sexing AES is easy...  Females are the ones carrying clutches of eggs
underneath them.  I got a batch of them about 13 months ago.  They were
about 3/4 inch long when I got them and I started to notice the eggs after
about 6 months.  Only the largest shrimp in the tank ever have eggs, so I
suspect that females run 1.5 time larger than males.  Don't know if there
are other sex differences, but I got to think that eggs are pretty
conclusive.

Joe K

in sunny Maryland where my Lenten Roses are blooming.
No snow yet here, looks like the Fall drought is turning into a Winter
drought.