Re Weekend food

Raymond, as far as I can tell, most of the "weekend food" products are
merely plaster with some fish food mixed in - as the plaster dissolves in
the water over a period of a few days, the food particles are released.

Healthy fish which are regularly fed should have absolutely no problems
going without for a weekend - I have gone away for as long as a week without
worrying about feeding my fish. Fry are another story, but adult fish can
scrounge enough nourishment in a healthy tank to do just fine for 3 or 4
days.

James Purchase
Toronto