Re: CO2 in liquid form

I use Flourish Excel in my low light (1wpg) low-tech tank - it is the only
additive I put in there, and it makes a noticeable difference in algea
growth (less) and plant growth (more). I did drastically overdose it once
(about 4x the recommended concentration), which killed one cardinal tetra
and had all the suckermouth cats gulping air. A quick water change saved all
the fish (except the one dead cardinal), so I don't know what would have
happened to the plants if I'd left it in there.

I tried using both flourish & flourish excel in the tank but the plants
didn't do any better and the water would cloud up after a water change (like
a bacterial bloom, not like algae). So now I only use the excel.