Re: Bubbles from filters

Of gassy filters, Roger Miller asks:

>Does this happen only with Magnum filters, or does it happen with other
>makes, as well?

I had an Eheim internal that would fill up with air bubbles once the water
became O2 saturated -- I could watch it happen through the amber plastic of
the media chamber.  It would eject a ton of little bubbles about once every
10-15 minutes from that point on.  I've since replaced the internal with a
2213 cannister and I haven't noticed any "burping" since then, though the
impeller makes a slight noise during the day which I think is due to
trapped gas.

I'm just stabbing in the dark here, but I wonder if some kind of a
reverse-venturi could be setup to bleed off the bubbles before they reached
the tank?  Of course, even if such a device were successful, it might prove
detrimental to CO2 levels.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee