re: CO2 table & Phosphate

Paul,
what do I test for? pH/KH? Sorry to be so dense.

Paul K. said,
"One way you could get a pretty good estimate of the CO2 in your new tank
with its phosphate addition would be to take two samples of later.  Test the
first one immediately and let the second stand open to the air for 12 to 24
hours.  and then test it.  The difference in the results would be the
difference between equilibrium with atmospheric air, which has 0.03 %
CO2---very little---and the actual tank water.  You can assume that if your
tank water were in equilibrium with the air the growth of your plants would
be CO2 limited.  You want your tank water to have 15 to 20 mg/l CO2 above
what it would have if it were in equilibrium with the air."

Tom,
Thanks for the phosphate info. I think that the other things the plants need
- light, CO2, N, and K are where they should be, so now I am messing with
the P. Based on your reply I'll probably take it down to about 1/2 of the
1/8t measure in a week or two. BTW I'm looking forward to hearing you speak
at the SF aquatic club on Friday.

-Rachel