Re: Phosphate & CO2

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 17:44:00 -0800
"Rachel Sandage" <rachelsor at hotmail_com> wrote:

> Subject: Phosphate & CO2
>
> I have started to add a little more KH2PO4 to my 72 gallon tank - now up
> 1/8 teaspoon per water change. It has really perked things up, and the
algae
> is really on the run.

<snip>

If my calculations are correct, you are adding 2 mg/l of phosphate in each
1/8 tsp KH2PO4 to your 72 gal. tank.  Even assuming the level is zero after
you do the water change, that seems excessive -- about 4 times what Tom Barr
would recommend.  If you would like to check my arithmetic, please contact
me off-list.

John T. Fitch
E-mail: jtfitch at spamcop_net
Web Site: www.fitchfamily.com/aquarium.html