Phosphate & CO2

I have started to add a little more KH2PO4 to my 72 gallon tank - now up to
1/8 teaspoon per water change. It has really perked things up, and the algae
is really on the run.

BUT, how do I measure my CO2 levels? I have a tetra KH kit, and an Aq. Pharm
pH kit, but won't the phosphate throw that off? Would I have a similar
problem if I used a pH probe instead? Am I hopelessly confused? Thanks,

Rachel