Re: Do Goldfish eat java moss?

> From: Chuck H <grendel at usit_net>
> Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 21:07:07 -0500
>
> Bob, in my experience, not only will your Goldfish eat the mosses, they'll
> eat everything else in your tank.  I've tried every supposedly "fish-proof"
> plant I can get  in my niece's fantail tank and those little farts ate it
> all.  If they can't eat it directly, they'll beat it up trying.

Thanks for the warning.  I'll just repopulate the tropical tank with
baby swordtails and mollies for a while.  I can get them really cheap at
the LFS.  The moss can go in the 10 gallon tank when I get it's algae
under control, and then I can switch the 20 to goldfish.

I had good luck before with gf in a planted tank with java fern, "jungle
val", and some kind of sword plant.  I also had elodea in there, and
they ate it but it grew so fast it was able to keep up.  They also
didn't seem to like hornwort much, but neither did I <g>.

Merry Christmas everybody!
Regards,
Bob