RE: Carbon dioxide concentration in water

-----Original Message-----
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:57:19 -0700
From: Roger S. Miller
Subject: Re: Carbon dioxide concentration in water

[Re Walstad's CO2 concentration comparison:]
> The actual significance of the comparison is lost on me.

If I remember correctly, she was trying to emphasize the difference between
immediate and long- term availability - hence the reference to diffusion
rates and circulation.

In other words, "Even though there's more carbon _immediately_ available in
the aquatic environment, it's replenished at a much greater rate within the
atmosphere, thus ensuring a greater long- term availability in that
environment"...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10 at mindspring_com