Pruning Anubias

In a message dated 12/19/2001 4:00:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,

<< What do you feel is the best way to cut it? With a razor blade or a box
 cutter? And how do you treat the cut portion to prevent the rot? The
 archives refer to a beeswax treatment. Has anyone else used anything else? >>

I'd use an extremely sharp blade for a clean cut which bruises tissue as
little as possible. Like a razor blade or craft knife.

As far as treating the amputation, I can tell you what NOT to use: Cleary
123, which is a powerful commercial fungicide I use on Orchids. I dipped the
cut ends of Anubias in this powder on several occasions and each time the
result was much worse than when I did nothing.

Bob Olesen
West Palm Beach