Re: Catching Fish in a Planted Tank

Hi,

Sorry for how long its taken to respond on this subject, but I have had mail problems.

I was intrigued by John’s fish “trap”, and it has prompted me to share my technique for catching awkward fish within a planted tank. It’s quite simple, really.

Get up at 3am.

Most fish are dopy in the early hours, and won’t even attempt to escape from a net. I’ve used this trick to catch even nocturnal fish, like the notoriously hard to net Khuli loach. It works a treat.

It probably should be noted that this could be stressful for fish, but any capture / confinement would be, and it's probably far less stressful than chasing them around and around and around with a net.

Ian.

Never pay another Internet phone bill!
Freeserve AnyTime, for all the Internet access you want, day and night, only £12.99 per month.
Sign-up at http://www.freeserve.com/time/anytime