Re: ph-KH-CO2

Steve wrote:

> > Where does the 3ppm concentration of CO2 in the bucket come from?
>
> >From the air."
>
> George will be quick to point out that this is a "myth."  While we do often
> measure 2 - 3 ppm CO2 in our non-CO2 supplemented tank water, a significant
> portion comes from organic processes occurring in the tank which produce a

I'd definitely have to argue with George on this one then.  While I'm
sure that the organic processes do create some CO2, the amount that
dissolves into a simple aerated sample without any organic process is
right around 2-3ppm.    In a tank with very low water movement (and therefore
little gas exchange with the air), then maybe a significant portion comes
from the organic processes.   But in any case, we can't measure the difference
in organic CO2 versus CO2 from the air.

--
Chuck Gadd