PC retrofit advice wanted

I'm getting ready to retrofit 2 36" Oceanic fixtures with one 96 watt PC
bulb each.
I'm using the socket & clips which I removed from a 72" 6 bulb fixture,
in which I was only using 4 of the bulbs.
My concern is the reflector in the Oc fixture  is bent on a continuos
curve, so the socket will only make contact at the 2 edges. The
reflector seems to be all plastic, so I am a bit concerned about it
cracking. I'm thinking I might need a small pc of heavyweight sheet
metel attached to the socket or something.
Has anyone else done this conversion, and have any pointers?
Thanks,
David Modine