underwater spray bar flood

> Since I had not installed any type of check valve on my  underwater
>spray bar, I had in effect built a rather efficient siphon

> any thoughts on how or where should I install a check valve and
> does anyone think one of those $15.00 to $20.00 PVC types

> Bob Olesen
> West Palm Beach

Bob,

If you drill a 1/16" hole into the down tube about a half-inch below the
water level, you'll create an air gap that will break the siphon once
the water has dropped to that level with no moving parts.  Point it
toward the rear wall of your tank to miminize turbulence and clogging.

Michael Rubin ~ San Francisco, sunny and 58deg F
Ҷ2)Ehztk*Zjeƭ