Re: How close can two ballasts be mounted?

>On another note, how close can you mount two ballasts side by side.  My tank
>temperature is rising just enough I would like to move my two ballasts to
>the back of the tank.  I have an alcove I would like to mount them in that
>will just fit my two electronic ballasts. They would be mounted to the back
>of the tank one above the other, but side by side.  At most I could get 1
>inch between them.  Would this effect the ballasts in any way.

1" should be fine. I would think 1/4" to 1/2" would probably be OK too, but
I wouldn't go any closer than 1/4". The big concern is temp rise in the
ballasts, so you can put them as close together as you want up to the point
that it interferes with cooling enough to make the ballasts run hotter.
Some of the old coil ballasts would hum if placed together in certain
geometric configurations, but that isn't a problem with the newer
electronic ballasts.

     -Bill

Waveform Technology
UNIX Systems Administrator