How close can two ballasts be mounted?

On another note, how close can you mount two ballasts side by side.  My tank
temperature is rising just enough I would like to move my two ballasts to
the back of the tank.  I have an alcove I would like to mount them in that
will just fit my two electronic ballasts. They would be mounted to the back
of the tank one above the other, but side by side.  At most I could get 1
inch between them.  Would this effect the ballasts in any way.

Mark