Re: wet/dry filters and CO2 loss

If you don't intend to use any plastic media in the wet dry and want it for
the convenience (probe placement, water changes and the like), a way to
lessen the water turbulence and noise in the sump, and CO2 loss, is to run a
tube from the underside of the bulkhead fitting in the overflow down to the
bottom of the wet/dry. This way the water enters the sump below the sump
water level and doesn't create much turbulence and so there is less
off-gassing of CO2.

I did this in a reef tank I had for the noise level and it worked well.
Dave