Re: 125

> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:51:26 EST
> From: CESSNABUM1 at aol_com
> Subject: Re: 125
>
> Thanks for everyone's responses and opinions on setting up a 125 tank so far.
>
> Tom Barr asked about co2, fish, etc.
>
> The tank will house my five discus that outgrew my 55, and a crew of algae
> eaters(any suggestions on that would help also).

The fish will eat shrimp. SAE's, Otto cats, snails.

> I have a 5LB bottle for CO2
> I have a reactor now from ultra life, The one that petwarehouse sells. I'm
> not sure
> that it will be enough?

Should be. Run it in the sump and feed the output directly into the suction
side of the return pump.

> Tom don't you sell a reactor for larger tanks?I would
> like to use a spray bar for the return. It sounds like
> a very effective way to return the water to the tank. I haven't decided on
> all the plants
> yet, that's the easy part I think. The substrate will most likely be 100%
> flourite- that's
> alot of bags huh.

Rinse 3 times well and then add or get a screen to rinse well.

I run my spray bars along to bottom back portion of the tank. This returns
the best pattern of CO2 rich water from a sump(where most folks keep the
heater/CO2 etc) and keeps the detritus build up down.
Regards,
Tom Barr