Aquarium Photography

Hey gang,

I have some questions about how you all are getting
shots of your tanks. I've tried with point and click
35mm things and they come out *terrible*. So my
questions are:

1. What is the best way to get high quality shots
without breaking the bank? Digital, I have gleaned,
yes? What should I look for in a digital camera?

2. How does one go about taking slide shots at a high
level since we're sort of on the topic. Sounds
expensive to me<g>. I'd like to try this ADA thing
since I regrettably missed the AGA contest.

Many of you all have *excellent* high fidelity and
clarity shots of your tanks on the web. I want some
too, hehe.

TIA for your help,
John Wheeler