[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Where can I get rocks?
- To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Where can I get rocks?
- From: Shireen Gonzaga <whimbrel at home_com>
- Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 10:17:20 -0500
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; rv:0.9.2) Gecko/20010726 Netscape6/6.1
> Lately, I have been frustrated with the lack of rock
> available in the Houston area.
What type of rock makes up the bedrock in the
My favorite place to collect decorative rocks is
streambeds. I'm also lucky to live close-by to the
beaches of Delaware Bay that usually have
lovely rocks (and even fossils!) washed down
from the surrounding areas.
Perhaps you could get a geological map of
Texas and overlay it with a watershed map.
You might be able to find some suitable sites
If you prefer to buy, my LFS sells black rivers
stones (along with other cool rock such as petrified
wood). Their url is http://www.aquariumcenter.com
if you want to look into it (you'll have to call them
since rocks are not advertised on their webpage).
Also check with Estes (makers of aquarium gravel)
Freelance Science Writer