Re: Mud and Plants

> I would just like to see us stop slinging mud and get back to plants.

I agree.  From what I have read, mud should never be slung but laid
gently on the aquarium bottom and then overlaid with gravel that is
roughly at least 2-3 mm in size to a depth of 2 to 6 inches.  The mud
should be laterite for Dupla/Booth style fast growth tank and garden
soil for Walstad style slow growth tank.  Mud laying first, then
gravel, then you get to the plants.  :-)

Best wishes,
Scott H.