Re: yellow leaves on glossostigma

At 18.08 04/12/2001, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:08:35 -0800
>From: "D.E." <catena-ind at home_com>
>Subject: yellow leaves on glossostigma.
>
>It is spreading out. However, there are a few leaves that turn yellow after
>about a week. It was the older leaves but now a few of the younger ones
>are starting. It isn't a problem yet, but I'm curious why this is
>happening. I'm fertilizing at half strength of tropica master grow
>weekly, adding a little extra iron and doing 50% water changes weekly.
>Suggestions on why this maybe happening?

YES! Maybe!
Look at your NO3 level, because I had a similar experience: at the
beginning I thought it was an iron deficiency, but after a while I noticed
that the new buds come out white, and there were brown spotted area on the
young leaves (very pale ones) ... I checked for NO3 and it was <1ppm.
Considering that I have no fishes for now, so I dont have any NH4 supply, I
had to raise up my NO3 up to 5ppm with NaNO3 and things are slowly going
better.
Don't add more trace or iron until you checked for NO3, otherwise you could
make afavor to algae instead of your glosso.

Regards,
Luca