Subject: Lotus

While I can't say I've germinated lotus from the dried pods sold in florists
shops and craft stores I have germinated seeds from seed suppliers.The seed
coats are very hard so one must nick or file the seed coat until you see a
lighter area beneath the seed coat.This will allow for absrption of water.I
potted the seeds in individual 3 inch pots with a soil based mix and put them
in a heated (to 80 degrees) fish tankundeer flourescents...they grew within 3
days.
Anton