where to post vendor opinions?

>Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 02:56:30 -0800
>From: Steve Pushak <teban at powersonic_bc.ca>
>Subject: APD guidelines
>I say again, I believe that the APD is not the place for
> criticizing vendors regardless of whether the criticism
> is based in truth or lies.

	The above snippet of Steve Pushak's message has
inspired me to voice something I've been thinking lately,
what with all the lawsuit events.  I lurk most of the time
on this list, but I find it invaluable.
     The APD serves the purpose for me of getting
information, help, and yes, opinions from others who
keep planted aquaria.  If the APD is not the place to
voice negative vendor opinions, then we need a place in
which to do that.   In the computer homebuilding scene
on line, the web site http://www.resellerratings.com/
serves such a purpose for that slice of the online
community.  When people post to this site, they rate
their experience of doing business with a comptuer
compnonents vendor.  They give a numerical rating, and
then they may also post their opinions and a summary of
their experiences.  An average of the  ratings is
presented, so that that each company is given an
"overall" numerical rating, then you can click to read the
individual postings.
	The online aquarium community needs a site like this,
don't you all think?  I've seen computer companies
bragging on their homepages about  getting good ratings
on that site.  It is an invaluable resource.
     Is a site like this on different legal footing than the
APD is?
-Chrys Amy Dean

"and i try to laugh at whatever life brings
cuz when i look down i just miss all the good stuff
when i look up i just trip over things" ~ Ani DiFranco