Re: Where to mount ballasts for new hood

Hi Mike,

I've got a similar setup on 2 tanks, both 55g.  2 ballast running 6 32w bulbs , both tanks have the ballast's mounted under the hood next to the lights.  The first tank gets very warm and keeps the temp a couple degrees too warm in the summer.  The second tank  I installed 2 3" fans in the back and it keeps things much cooler. My lights are T8's only 1" diameter, you are going to be crowded with T12's and ballast's.  If you want them under the hood make sure you use fans, or mount on the back of the hood to keep things integral.  If you mount the ballast some other place besides attached to the hood it will be much harder to move the hood if you desire to do so.

Matt

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---