temperature too high?

My java ferns have been in a funk for months now.  They look really
sad.  Some of the tiny java ferns have recently started some
healthy-looking growth, but the big plants still look awful.  Sword
plants in the same tank are doing very well.

I was cleaning in the tank and removing a dead fish :-(  and the water
felt really warm.  I dug out my good thermometer and checked the
temperature; it is 29° C.  Isn't that kind of high?  Could that be why
my java ferns and my fish have been declining?

Best regards,
Bob