[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Crassula
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:28:25 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200111292048.fATKm1222439 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
A follow up on the habitat of C aquatica.
Found in semi turbid water (disc depth 2.8 meters)
Clumped patches 15 to 30 cm in diameter.
Sandy substrate with some loam.
pH(3 pm) 7.4
Depth 15 to 40 cm. No emmersed leaves.
It appears all over on one lake, and is mixed in with pennywort(the dominant
plant there), Ludwigia, Potamgeton(2 species), Ruppia, Fontinalis,
Zannichellia, Azolla, most likely a couple of other plants and as always,
The Crassula clumps are quite beautiful when seen on a clear sunny day.
Right out of a plant tank dream almost.....