Stupid but will it work ?

Hello everyone,
	Aquatic plants in LFS often die or become lengthy before they are sold
because the tanks they are in do not have the conditions suitable for
growth. I have been thinking of a better and cheap way to store plants for
sale and I got this idea when I passed by a florist. Flowers are kept fresh
in the fridge so can we do the same for aquatic plants? Can we keep aquatic
plants fresh and prevent them from growing too much before they are sold in
this way ? Stupid but will it work ? .......

I intend to grow cryptocoryne emersed. Do I need to keep the air around the
plant humid or can I just grow it like any terrestrial plant? All comments
welcome.

Wayne Wah from Singapore .