Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1428

(snip)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:51:19 -0500
From: Chuck H <grendel at usit_net>
Subject: Baby Tears?

Are you folks talking about B. monnieri?  That's the only plant I know that
carries the common name of Baby's Tears.  I tend to use taxonomic
nomenclature with plants and fishes, so I get lost with common names
sometimes.  Thanks for the clarification.

Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee  USA
mailto:grendel at usit_net
(snip)

Chuck,
The plant I am referring to as Baby's Tears is called Giant Baby's Tears in
the trade, actually. It is either Micranthemum umbrosum or Hemianthus
micranthemoides. I took these names form the Tropica Catalogue. My guess is I
have H. micranthemoides.
Dave