Dipping New Plants

I've heard that dipping plants in a solution of potassium
permanganate is a good idea to prevent any bugs/diseases from
transferring into your tank.  Is this true?

If so, what is the method for doing so?  Amount of pp/gal etc., and
for how long?

Are there any other ways to "sanitize" the plants?

I have an order scheduled to arrive this coming Saturday of Java Lace
Fern, African and Asian Bolbitis and Anubias (three types).  Is pp
okay for these plants?

Thanks!

Hank