Re:CO2 system

> Am getting ready to install pressurized CO2 system. I wish to run multiple
> tanks, approx. 25, of varying sizes from one system. Currently using
> DIY/yeast so have no experience with pressurized tank systems.
> Seeking info on most effective, cost controlled method to do manifold.
> I am thinking to run CO2 line in similar style one might use with air pumps,
> i.e. use of T connectors off main line to individual tanks with terminal
> needle valve to adjust CO2 delivery at each tank. The tanks are spread about
> in three rooms. I want the convenience of being able see adjustments made to
> each tank. Would this be a workable system assuming there are no leaks in
> all those connections. ;-)
> Suggestions, other's experience. All input welcome.
> TIA
> June

1)Well then your going to need a big Cylinder(50lbs etc) unless you like
changing it often and the big ones are cheaper too. These weigh quite a bit.
Placement should be on the ground floor, close to truck access.
You can chain 3 20 lb tanks together also (not advised) or have 3 20 lb
tanks on hand with two on standby for quick changes.

2) Using good High Pressure CO2 line would be a good/wise. That's perhaps
where your going to need to research and spend some $. Your operating
pressure from your regulator will need to be at least 20-30psi so this
tubing will need to be able to handle that kind of pressure.

3) Connecting the tubing to the needle valves. Use secure ties for this.
Don't be lazy about this and take a short cut. One valve blows off and the
whole system goes down.

4) Consider 3 separate systems with a central needle valve manifold at the
regulator for each and silicone tubing.

:: Each method has its advantages/disadvantages.
3 separate system will make changing the tanks more frequent but smaller(you
could use 20lb tanks for this). Try moving a 50 or 100 lb tank sometime
without a dolly.
3 separate systems provide simpler trouble shooting for leaks, set up,
control and flexibility.

At some point the centralized system becomes a monster. If installed well
from the start it can be effective. Just consider the problems of both and
see if which outweigh your needs/abilities/resources.
Regards,
Tom Barr