Re: Eheim 2213 in 20H---followup

Many thanks to Scott, Roxanne, Tom, and those who responded off-list.  The
opinions were unanimously in favor of the 2213/20H combo as I had hoped
would be the case.  Had plants not been involved, I would not have
hesitated on the filter for a moment, but I've recently put a lot of time
and energy into this small tank and was loath to tamper with it
blindly.  But now, with doubt assuaged, my order is in and I should have a
brand new 2213 kit in hand by mid-week.  I dedicate its first startup
gurgle to you folks :)

BTW, Tom, you asked if the 80 gph pump I currently use is an Eheim.  It is,
but it's not a canister, it's an internal 2008.  This tank was originally a
"throw together" tank made up of stuff I had laying around.  It's whole
purpose was so that I could experiment with a soil substrate after reading
Diana Walstad's book.  Well, over the past year it's become my best tank
and after recently replanting it, I decided it was time to start upgrading
it.  The 2213 is the first step.  Next on the menu:  dumping DIY for
compressed CO2.

best regards,

Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee  USA