[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Cansiter
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 17:15:24 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200111242048.fAOKm1U17612 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> I'm looking for opinions or direct knowledge on how well an old-style Eheim
> 2213 cannister filter will work in a planted 20-gallon-high tank. The
> tank's doing very well with a present flow rate of 80 gph. The Eheim is
> rated at 116 gph. Would that extra 36 gph be too much added flow where the
> plants are concerned?
Nope. Pack it full of SeaChem's matrix media, Siporex, Cell pore,
hydroponics clay media etc. Add a sponge filter at the top. Let it rip.
Is the 80GPH an Eheim? Either way it's a fine set up. Don't sweat it. Flow